After every Beauty Treatment retreat, we schedule a follow up dinner for all the women who attended within 30-40 days from the retreat. We do this to stay connected, and to hear how the ladies are doing after being issued a 30 day challenge. This past weekend was our follow up dinner, and I just have to say, “WOW God!!” Let me tell you why.
More than half the women took the challenge and had incredible testimonies of how the Lord has been working in their lives. It was so encouraging to hear their stories of redemption, renewal, and restoration. There were stories of God moving mountains that only God could move. Marriages are being restored, and God’s healing balm was flowing as they wept and shared how God was touching them. Joy was restored in their lives after great many years of heartache bottled up inside. Their countenance was completely different from the day they first came to the retreat. I was inspired by these women. These women are going to be world changers, and most importantly they will be prepared to meet the King when He comes.
Just look at these beauties!
You ask, “What was the challenge that you issued?”
I am so glad you asked. And I encourage you to take the challenge, and watch what God does in your life too.
Here is the challenge:
- Commit to spending the next 30 days dedicating yourself to the Lord and focusing completely on drawing closer to him.
- Set aside your own desires, troubles, problems and petitions.
- Set aside time each day for prayer and study in the Word.
- Set out a plan to fast and sacrifice your flesh for a deeper walk in the spirit.
- Journal your prayers, thoughts, and things the Lord speaks to you.
- Attend the follow up dinner and share your experiences. (Of course this one doesn’t apply to everyone since our follow up dinner has already come and gone. However, you could invite someone over to your house for dinner and share your experience with them.)
If you want to see the Lord move mountains in your life, renew your faith, restore your walk with Him, then I encourage you to make some room in your life for Him, by cutting out some things that don’t reap an eternal reward. Eliminate the junk from the plate of your life, and make Him your portion.
Also feel free to take a look at the photo book here. You need to sign in to Snap fish first.
Our next Beauty Treatment Retreat will be held next year the week before Purim, March 18-20, 2016. So mark your calendars a year in advance and save your pennies. The cost is TBD, but expect to save more than $250.
Until then, “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26)